Peace & Power
Being vocal, political and spiritual
This Peace & Power weekend explores and develops key themes:
- Peace and Wholeness
- - shalom as the basis for ethical action
- Gospel of Peace
- - evangelism as the proclamation of God's shalom to all
- Ecology and Environment
- - understanding the gospel as deep 'green'
- Companions with Creation
- - living as the meek that inherit the earth
- Power & Weakness
- - strength perfected by powerlessness
- Church and State
- - the nature of the state and the Christian response within it
- Peace and War
- - the challenge of 'just war' and nonviolence
- Crime and Justice
- - what does it really mean to put things right?
Plus optional Saturday evening, 18.00-21.00
- ‘A Force More Powerful’
- - a simple meal with discussion around archive film-clips
Open to non-weekend participants. Contributions towards the cost of the meal.
Peace & Power Notes | 1.89 MB
You must be a current Workshop student signed up for this session and be logged in to be able to download materials.