Statements of Faith
The doctrinal position of 'Workshop' is that of the historical and orthodox Christian faith:
- The tri-unity of God existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The just and loving sovereignty of God in the creation, providence, redemption and consummation of the world.
- The creation of men and women in the image and likeness of God, conferring on them dignity and worth; who have, however, sinned and come short of God's glory.
- The true deity and true humanity of Jesus Christ, God's Son, Messiah and Lord, whose birth by the Spirit and existence as the one who uniquely reveals God's character and will, whose life has become the pattern and standard for our own.
- The sacrificial life, death and resurrection of Jesus which alone have defeated the powers of darkness and atoned for sin, enabling forgiveness and oneness with God for all who receive Jesus in faith and obedience.
- The ascension and expectation of Jesus' coming in power and glory.
- The work of the Holy Spirit awakening, renewing, indwelling and empowering those who believe; producing in them Godly character and giving them gifts.
- The scriptures which have their source and inspiration in God, and in the church are the final authority for truth, faith and conduct.
- The community of faith who form the universal church, made up of all those committed in faith and discipleship to Jesus.
- The commission of Jesus to proclaim in word and action the gospel of peace to all creation; making disciples and working for justice and reconciliation until God's kingdom comes in its completeness.