“Very inclusive and uplifting. Noel delivered the session in a very clear and informative way.”
Workshop Focus Days are one-off days, run in collaboration with local churches or groups. They are built around a single theme crafted to suit your group’s learning styles and interests.
This page tells you all the practical details you need to know, including: pricing information, suggested schedule and how we collaborate to create and publicise your ideal Focus Day.
Workshop Focus days will have the following suggested schedule:
10.30-11.30 Session 1
12.00-13.00 Session 2
13.45-14.45 Session 3
15.00-16.00 Session 4
Participants will be asked to bring a packed lunch or purchase food locally.
Anvil Trust will charge £250 per standard day, plus travel expenses:
- This charge is based on £50 per teaching session (honorarium to teachers), plus £50 for Anvil Trust.
- Travel costs will be based on booking a train ticket in advance (to obtain maximum discount), or by car (if public transport is unavailable) at 45p per mile for the first 150 miles, reduced to 25p per mile thereafter.
- Should the number of participants attending mean there is a financial surplus after all costs are met, this surplus will be shared equally between the hosting group and Anvil Trust.
- The hosts will determine the actual cost that is charged to each of the participants.
Anvil Trust and the hosts will each have particular responsibility:
- The hosts and Anvil Trust together will decide on the theme for each given day from options provided by the Trust.
- Anvil Trust will facilitate the whole day and provide the teaching (choosing teachers experienced and appropriate to the theme). They will also provide notes as a PDF to be sent out to each participant following the event.
- The hosts will provide the venue, the administration and the refreshments for breaks. Administration includes taking bookings prior to the event and the registration of participants at the beginning of the day. Registration will involve taking the names and email addresses of each participant so they can receive a PDF copy of the notes that Anvil Trust will send out. The Trust expects the hosts to obtain permission from participants to do this at the point of registration.
Anvil Trust and the hosts will work together in publicizing the event:
- It is expected that Workshop Focus days will be open to all.
- The hosts will promote and publicize the event within their own network(s) and beyond, as widely as possible.
- Anvil Trust will use its contacts in the local area, its website, social media and information from its database to also spread publicity about the ‘Workshop Focus Day’.